Posted on February 22, 2021 (Updated March 16, 2021)
NHK Symphony Orchestra April Concerts
NHK Symphony Orchestra’s April concerts to replace its monthly subscription series have been finalized with the following details.
The venue of the concerts previously held at NHK Hall on Saturday evenings and Sunday afternoons (originally Subscription A series) will be shifted to Suntory Hall for the duration of April to June due to renovation of NHK Hall. The Sunday concert will start at 2:00 p.m. instead of 3:00 p.m. (The Saturday concert will start at 6:00 p.m. as usual.)
The concerts on Friday April 16 at Tokyo Metropolitan Theatre and Wednesday 21 & Thursday 22 April at Suntory Hall, the curtain times of which have been left pending, will start at 6:00 p.m. instead of 7:00 p.m. in order to finish before 8:00 p.m. under the current circumstances. (Updated March 16)
Dates and Programs
* As NHK Hall will undergo renovation, concerts held on Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon there will be moved to Suntory Hall.
Keiko Mitsuhashi, conductor
Moriya Mari, soprano*
Kei Fukui, tenor**
Mozart / "Die Zauberflöte," opera K. 620
- Aria"Dies Bildnis ist bezaubernd schön"(Tamino)**
- Aria"Ach, ich fühl’s, es ist verschwunde"(Pamina)*
Mozart / "Così fan tutte," opera K. 588
- Duetto "Fra gli amplessi"(Fiorgiligi/ Ferrando) */**
Mozart "Idomeneo," ballet K. 367
"Pas seul" Mozart "Idomeneo," opera K. 366
Aria"Fuor del mar ho un mar in sento"(Idomeneo)**
Recitative and Aria"Oh smania! oh furie!〜"D'Oreste, d'Aiace Ho in seno i tormenti" (Elettra)*
Verdi / "I vespri siciliani," opera
- "La Primavera," ballet
Massenet / "Werther," opera
- Lied d'Ossian "Pourquoi me réveiller, ô souffle du printemps?"(Werther)**
Massenet "Thaïs," opera
- Air de miroir "O mon miroir fidèle, dis-moi que je suis belle"(Thaïs)*
Puccini / "Madama Butterfly," opera
- Duetto "Viene la sera" (Pinkerton, Madama Butterfly) */**
Masaaki Suzuki, conductor
Mizuho Yoshii, oboe
Haydn Symphony No. 95 C Minor Hob. I-95
Mozart Oboe Concerto C Major K. 314
Schumann Symphony No. 1 B-flat Major Op. 38 "Frühling"
Eiji Oue, conductor
Tomoki Sakata, piano
Grieg 2 Elegische Melodien op. 34
Shostakovich Piano Concerto No. 1 C Minor Op. 35
Sibelius Symphony No. 2 D Major Op. 43e"
（Prices apply for all concerts / Reserved seating only）
Adults: S 7,000 yen A 5,800 yen B 4,500 yen C 3,500yen
Youth tickets (under 25 years old): S 3,500 yen A 2,900 yen B 2,250 yen C 1,750 yen
Ticket sales for April 10 & 11 concerts start at:
Pre-sale: Tuesday March 2 2021 11:00a.m.
Sales to general public: Thursday March 4 2021 11:00a.m.
Ticket sales for April 16 & 17 at Tokyo Metropolitan Theatre & April 21 & 22 at Suntory Hall start at:
Pre-sale: Thursday March 11 2021 11:00a.m.
Sales to general public: Tuesday March 16 2021 11:00a.m.
* For further inquiries and where to purchase pre-sale tickets, please visit the website of each concert.
● Concert durations will be about two hours with a 20-minute intermission.
● Seats to be sold will be limited as a preventative measure against infectious diseases:
- For the concerts on April 10 & 11 at Suntory Hall, approximately 900 seats will be on sale with seats to the front, back, left and right of each seat to be sold remaining vacant to keep social distance.
- For concerts on April 16 & 17 at Tokyo Metropolitan Theatre and 21 & 22 April at Suntory Hall, seats (to be sold) will be limited in some parts of the hall.
- Depending on the further development of the circumstances on the restrictions on public events under the state of emergency, seating restrictions may be altered.
(Information updated March 16th)
● Depending on circumstances, performers are subject to change or concerts may have to be cancelled.
● Please make sure to read "Advice for measures to prevent infectious diseases" before you purchase tickets or come to the concert hall.