Posted on July 21, 2020
NHK Symphony Orchestra September Concerts
Details of the NHK Symphony Orchestra’s concerts to replace the subscription concerts in September are as follows.
Tickets for the concert at NHK Hall and Tokyo Metropolitan Theatre to be conducted by Paavo Järvi, Chief Conductor, will go on sale in late August as we need to see how the government’s entry ban to Japan from overseas will be eased. Tickets for Suntory Hall concert under Tatsuya Shimono will go on sale in early August.
Dates and Programs
Saturday 12 September 6:00pm & Sunday 13 September 3:00pmKazuki Yamada, conductor
Takemitsu / Requiem for Strings
Mozart / Symphony No. 29 A Major K. 201
Brahms / Serenade No. 2 A Major Op. 16
［Tokyo Metropolitan Theatre］
Friday 18 September 7:00pm & Saturday 19 September 2:00pm
Junichi Hirokami, conductor
Kei Shirai (Guest Concertmaster of NHKSO), violin*
Webern (Schwarz) / Langsamer Satz (String Orchestra Version)
R. Strauss / "Capriccio," opera Op. 85 – Sextet (String Orchestra Version)
R. Strauss / "Der Bürger als Edelmann," suite Op. 60*
Wednesday 23 September 7:00pm & Thursday 24 September 7:00pm
Tatsuya Shimono, conductor
Horn Section of NHKSO (Nobuaki Fukukawa, Hitoshi Imai, Yasushi Katsumata, Naoki Ishiyama),horns
Schumann / Konzertstück for 4 Horns F Major Op. 86
Kodály (Shimono) / Miserere
Schumann / Symphony No. 4 D Minor Op. 120
（Prices apply for all concerts / Reserved seating only）
Adults: S 7,000 yen A 5,500 yen B 3,500 yen
Youth Tickets (Under 25 years old: S 4,200 yen A 3,000 yen B 1,500 yen
Tickets sale starts on:
［NHK Hall / Tokyo Metropolitan Theatre］
Pre-sale: Tuesday 25 August 11:00am
General release: Friday 28 August 11:00am
Pre-sale: Tuesday 4 August 11:00am
General release: Friday 6 August 11:00am
* For further information and places for pre-sales, please check the website of each concert.
● Concert duration will be for about one hour without an intermission
● As measures for prevention of infectious diseases, only a limited number of seats will be sold and sufficient spacing will be taken between seats.
● Depending on circumstances, performers and programs are subject to change or concerts may have to be cancelled.
● Please make sure to read “Advice for measures to prevent infectious diseases” before you purchase tickets or come to the concert hall.