NHK Symphony Orchestra 2020/21 Season Subscription Concerts
(Refund of subscription concert tickets and announcement of newly planned concerts)
The NHK Symphony Orchestra prepared to host its 2020/21 season subscription concerts starting from September this year by assuring public health safety, however, as we are required to implement thorough countermeasures against COVID-19 infection, we have reached the conclusion that hosting concerts with subscribers at their own seating to enjoy the performance would be extremely difficult. Also due to the travel ban placed between Japan and overseas countries as well as to eliminate health risks on stage, there is no prospect of welcoming subscribers with programs we originally planned.
Therefore the NHK Symphony Orchestra has decided to cancel its 2020/21 season subscription concerts, instead, we shall host a new type of concerts on the same dates and at the same venues as the subscription concerts would have taken place. The details and how to purchase tickets will be announced as soon as decided. The tickets will be refunded to those who have already purchased subscription tickets.
Since the 1st subscription concert in 1927, the NHK Symphony Orchestra has never failed to present under whatever the circumstances may have been, even during the war, therefore cancellation due to the pandemic was extremely a difficult decision for us. We apologize for not being able to meet the expectations of those who have been looking forward to the performances, but we ask for your kind understanding.
For more information: Click here
NHK Symphony Orchestra, Tokyo
- Smetana / "The Bartered Bride," opera — Three Dances
- Szymanowski / Violin Concerto No. 1 Op. 35
- Dvořák / Symphony No. 6 D Major Op. 60
Paavo Järvi, conductorLisa Batiashvili, violin
S A B C D Ordinary Ticket 8,900 7,400 5,800 4,700 3,700 Youth Ticket 5,500 4,500 3,500 2,500 1,500
Subscription Ticket How to subscribe
- *About Youth tickets (Available at N-Kyo Guide)
- *Subscribers receive a 10% discount (Except E seats / Available at N-Kyo Guide and NHKSO WEB Ticket)
- *For wheelchair-accessible seats, please refer to the N-Kyo Guide
For further information and subscription application please call N-Kyo Guide at 03-5793-8161Business hours
Jump to NHKSO WEB Ticket (Accesible from Japan only)Other ticket agents
- *Repertoire, conductor, soloists and program order are subject to change without notice.
- *Pre-school children are not allowed in the concert hall