April 2020 Subscription Concerts to be cancelled
As part of the measures to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus infection, the NHK Symphony Orchestra will, with regret, call off the April subscription concerts (all 6 concerts in 3 programs). We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to those who have been looking forward to the performances, but we ask for your kind understanding.
Tickets for the concerts will be refunded, so please keep the ticket/s you have purchased safe. As for how to receive the refund, either N-kyo guide or the ticket agency where you purchased the ticket/s will be contacting you around mid-April.
TInitially we planned to perform a concert on the first day of each program without an audience taking all possible preventive measures against the infection, with live broadcast on NHK FM and recording for television for deferred broadcast. However, as the coronavirus has continued to spread, we feel further consideration will be needed for the wellbeing and safety of the performers and those who work for the concerts as a precaution against infection, therefore we have decided to cancel the performances.
Thank you for your understanding.
NHK Symphony Orchestra, Tokyo
- Toshio Hosokawa / Meditation – To the Victims of Tsunami 3. 11 – (2012)Program Note (PDF)
- John Adams / Saxophone Concerto (2013)Program Note (PDF)
- Vaughan Williams / Symphony No. 5 D MajorProgram Note (PDF)
Masaru Kumakura, conductor
Kohei Ueno, saxophone
Tickets go on sale from Sunday, March 1, 2020 / Ticket for subscriber: Wednesday, February 26, 2020
- *E seats are non-reserved seats
- *About Youth tickets (Available at N-Kyo Guide)
- *Subscribers receive a 10% discount (Except E seats / Available at N-Kyo Guide and NHKSO WEB Ticket)
- *For wheelchair-accessible seats, please refer to the N-Kyo Guide
- *Please note that no space is available for concert-goers to wait inside the hall before the doors open.
For further information and subscription application please call N-Kyo Guide at 03-5793-8161
Jump to NHKSO WEB Ticket (Accesible from Japan only)
- *Repertoire, conductor, soloists and program order are subject to change without notice.
- *Pre-school children are not allowed in the concert hall